Thursday, December 30, 2010

Deadly Chocolate Dealings

Ok, so I havent written in ages due to the very busy time of year most often referred to as Christmas!!! But in this very busy and dis-organised time of year chocolate has still managed to find me and successfully torture me. I shall explain...


Just before the end of the year I had my formal. The way that your meals were given to you was, rather than taking 200+ orders from my year, the two options of the dish were alternated from person to person. This was quite an efficient way of presenting us with options and allowing us to swap amongst ourselves as we pleased, while making the whole process a whole lot eaiser for the cooks.

This way of eating was rather well received and no one had any real difficulty with the meal they had placed in front of them. At least no one did until dessert...


I had heard that the two options for our dessert were to be some kind of pavlova and some other kind of cake. I was pretty pleased with both options and as the plates were presented to other tables I saw the rumours of the pavlova were confirmed as well as that of the other option being a cake. 

However, when I saw what the other cake was my stomach dropped. It was the most delicious looking, 3 layered chocolate cake I have ever seen!! When our table was being served all I was thinking was 'Please let me have the pavlova!! I dont want to have the cake!! Please pavlova, please!!'. It wasnt that i didnt like the cake or i couldnt swap it (I had infact had several people offer their pavlovas to me if i got the cake). No, it was more a matter of I didnt want to have to say no to the cake and I knew I would have immense cravings for it as it came around.


Of course, what dessert did I end up with?? The cake! I immediately swapped it with a friend for the pavlova which was quite nice, but didnt quite mend my broken heart.


Since then, and especially around Christmas, the season of the year when we celebrate the birth of our Saviour, I have come into much contact wih chocolate. I have constantly had chocolate in my home, sitting open on my bench for the world to see as gifts from other people who either didnt think about me or dont know the sacrifice Im making.


I do admit that some of the torture has been self inflicted. I did offer to melt chocolate the other night for my sisters cooking. I didnt think about the pain it would cause me...Stupid thing to do!


Well, i have to go before chocolate can find me again as it is about to do. I shall see you when I have stopped trying to escape its deadly clutches :D Lol. Ill be back soon enough with more exaggerated drama of this year long event!


Blog again soon friends...


God bless, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment