Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Beginnings

Well, I have officially given up chocolate for a whole year! I started on Monday and have been sober ever since. LOL :D I havent had any chocolate yet although I have said NO already...6 times to be exact. It hasnt been too bad yet. I did have a craving on Monday during Geography for peanut M&M's but everything else has been pretty sweet. I'll go through it for you:

MONDAY
Woke up and got ready. Opened the pantry for breakfast and saw the Milo sitting right there staring at me, screaming "EAT ME!!". That was the first contact I had with a chocolate item (yes I am counting Milo as chocolate!). At school I said no to Caitlin when she offered one of her brownies,  but I did smell it. i can savor the smell at least if I cant savor the taste. Had cravings for peanut M&M's in Geo but was sweet there on until we stopped at maccas for supper Monday night on our way to Canberra. Usually I would have a chocolate sundae and if I was cold I would have a hot chocolate. However, when we walked in and had a look at the cakes at Mcafe, there was like 2 things that didnt have chocolate in the WHOLE display window thing. I ended up having a caramel sundae (which isnt as nice as chocolate) and a decaf caramel latte.

TUESDAY
Went to some little burger and chips shop for morning tea and had to say no to a hot chocolate yet again, but was able to substitute an ice coffee milk for it. After the funeral there were little caramel slices out. Now, I LOOOOOOOOOVE caramel slice so I was a little cut that I couldnt eat them, but then I figured out a way I could eat them. All I had to do was get rid of the chocolate slab on the top, then I could eat as many as I wanted.

WEDNESDAY
Again, opened up the pantry and had Milo stare me down, but I rejected him yet again, as I will have to do for the next 362 days. Oh well! Came into contact with chocolate at school but I didnt really have to say no, oh actually I did. Jess offered me some chocolate in the morning but I said no.

I have to say I havent really found it as hard as I thought. The worst part has been having to stop myself 'cleaning others crumbs' so to speak. I have had to stop just taking a sip of my sister's hot chocolate, or eating the crumbs that someone leaves on their plate. I'm sure soon it will get easier and I wont have to really think about it at all. Until that day though, its full concentration...

Blog again soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment